PLEASE BE SURE TO READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL INSTRUCTIONS
BEFORE STARTING YOUR PROJECT!
As with any project you will want to test the materials you plan to use on the Roc-lon® Multi-Purpose Cloth™ to ensure your desired results.
12” x 17” piece of Roc-lon® Multi-Purpose Cloth™
Die cutter, rotary cutter, or fabric scissors
Assorted pieces of fabric
Paints (yellows and greens for sunflower, pinks and yellow for flowers with spouncer, black and red for ladybugs)
Spouncer – 1”
Spouncer – ¾”
Poly-acrylic spray sealer
- Cut a 12“ x 17“ piece of Roc-lon® Multi-Purpose Cloth™ (MPC) in white or color of your choice.
- Choose desired method(s) from below to decorate the MPC.
- Prior to cutting shapes from the fabric you have chosen, brush decoupage over the fabric and allow to dry.
- Cut desired shapes from fabric using die cutter, rotary cutter, or fabric scissors.
- Arrange fabric cuts in desired pattern.
- Use decoupage to adhere the fabric shapes to the placemat.
- PREPARATION: All acrylic paints should be mixed 2/3 paint to 1/3 Textile Medium before painting the cloth. If you would like a lighter value, mix in more Textile Medium.
- STAMPS: Brush stamp with desired color paint and stamp onto MPC. Reload stamp with paint for each stamped print. Let dry.
- PAINTING FLOWERS: Place half of the 1" Spouncer in Deep Pink and half into Light Pink. Paint five circles together to form flower petals. Let dry. Paint center of flower with 1" Spouncer of Light Yellow. Let dry. Outline flowers with liner brush in Black. Let dry.
- PAINTING LADYBUGS: Paint body of ladybug with 1" Spouncer in Red. Paint head
of ladybug with ¾" Spouncer in Black. Let dry. Dots on body of ladybug are Black. Paint legs and antenna with liner brush in Black. Let dry.
- OR PAINT YOUR OWN DESIGN!
- Glue ribbon to the outer edges of the MPC to create a border.
Acrylic Finishing Coat
- Before applying sealer or finishing coat, allow the placemat to dry completely.
- POLY-ACRYLIC SEALER SPRAY
Use a spray poly-acrylic sealer to apply. Let dry between coats.
- Note: Apply sealer/finishing coat to both sides of placemat to protect from moisture.